Ponderings

Monday, April 11, 2011

See that No one Knows, BTG

This chapter was good, I feel like I say that everyday. Ok since the best author in the universe has orchestrated this book every chapter is good. This chapter though made me do a little research with my commentary, because the verse that spoke to me was one that is repeated throughout the gospel. So in my Blogging through the Gospel with Amy at Mom's Toolbox I read Matthew chapter 9.


The verse that was chosen for me to focus on was Matthew 9:30

S>
Matthew 9:30 and their sight was restored. Jesus warned them sternly "See that no one knows about this."

O>
I have always thought this was interesting that Jesus didn't want the blind men, to share this verse and since I was unable to surmise the answer on my own I did a little research with my commentary. What I found was that throughout Jesus' time he said this a few times. Jesus said this frequently if he was alone or with his disciples when preforming healing. The commentary in my bible says there were a few reasons, but basically what I understood was that Jesus wanted them to keep quiet so Gods' timeline would not be sped up.

A> This makes me think of Matthew 7  when Jesus discusses what we should and shouldn't do. And shouting from the roof top that we are fasting or giving , but rather let it happen with God in private he illustrates this through his healing of the blind, since people didn't know he was going there they wouldn't know that he had done the healing.

P> Thank you Jesus for everything you have done for us. Thank you for everything you have revealed to me through these last few weeks. I pray that You would continue to ignite this fire in me as days become longer and time seems less to spend this time with you.  Thank you for this verse and I pray that I will be mindful of what and why I am sharing things with others. I pray that I will share the things I do for the right reasons and know that you delight in my actions.

Wishing you Modesty and Understanding,

0 comments: