Ponderings

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Day Two Matthew 2-3

Today while reading through Matthew 2 and 3 there were so many things that stood out to me, like Mary and Joseph's willingness to immediately follow when an Angel of the Lord gave them direction. It makes me wonder if they were naturally obedient children of God or if through the 9 months of carrying Jesus and the years following really prepared them for this type of obedience. And if you wouldn't know it my TimeMachine is in the shop this week so I am unable to go back and be a fly on the wall in their life.
So the verse that go me was Matthew 3:10
S>
 The Axe is already at the root of the trees, and every tree that does not produce good fruit will be cut down and thrown into the fire (NIV).

O>
God has the ability to demolish something or someone if they do not produce good fruit. Thinking of nations that have come before and have no descendants because they did not produce for the Lord.  Something else I just thought about is how many opportunities God will give us, he doesn't just demolish us on the spot he will bring someone into warn us and lead us to the more productive way.

A>
I really need to do some Spring cleaning in my life and determine if how I am live is truly living for God. Is there something I need to stop doing because it does not bring glory to God? Also what am I neglecting  because I am afraid to put myself out there.

P>
Dear Heavenly Father, Thank you for showing me this scripture and helping me to look at it with new eyes, with eyes that don't just see ancient times and ancient threats. I pray that you will reveal to me where I can cut things that are not fruitful to you out of my life and to know where in my life I need to step up to the plate and be more active and fruitful for you. Thank you for everything you reveal and do for us.

Thank you, for reading my Blogging Through the Gospel. If you want to participate head over to Mom's Toolbox and join in at any time. There are many great women sharing the verses that speak to them.

I want to leave you with the song that came to mind while I was typing this out.

0 comments: