Ponderings

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

I am a Warrior

Good morning, This morning I couldn't seem to keep my eyes open during the devotional time. My eyes were like the polar opposite sides of a magnet and continued to slam shut at any direction I moved. This meant that I read through the chapter 2 times to ensure that I had retained the true meaning and not the meaning that I had begun to dream.
As I travel with Mom's Toolbox through the Gospel I learn more and more about Jesus and his time spent on earth. And every day I feel like I need to spend more time on each chapter reading the commentary using the concordance and hearing these events from everyones perspective. These are the times it would be nice if we could all sit down and discuss the chapters, interrupting, disagreeing and learning from one another. (yes, I did say interrupt. Thats how I talk, I try not to but sometimes questions just seem to fall out.)

Using the S.O.A.P Method for Matthew Chapter 10 I was struck by verse 34 both times I read it this morning.

S>
Matthew 10:34 Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword,
O>
 Jesus is a warrior! The supreme fighter sent to free us of our bondage. He was not a meek kitten who taught with a mild voice about the changes that needed to be made. Rather he is a ferocious Lion that challenged the people in authority and roared about the changes that needed to be made. Through this he challenges our views and opinions.
A>
 I can be me?  A fighter for justice? A fighter really? To be more like Jesus does not mean changing the fire I have raging inside of me but re-directing and stoking the fire with his truth. Really? I am still shocked that I can remain me with Jesus, The loud, opinionated woman I am can remain as she is if Jesus is on her side? Praise Jesus, because I have tried the meek kitten and she does not work, she is more awkward than any bull in a china shop.
P>
Thank you Jesus for coming to be a warrior for God and the people. I pray to be more like you, to know how to be  more effective in my challenges to other people. That I can share you and be the warrior and that it doesn't matter if I am not liked (that I know it doesn't matter) but that if I have shared you with People then I am loved by you.  Dear God please form and shape this warrior with the courage and strength I currently do not have.

0 comments: