Ponderings

Saturday, April 9, 2011

Matthew 7 BTG

Good Saturday Morning to you!  I was out and about yesterday so I didn't get my S.O.A.P posted though I did read Matthew 6.
So today in participation with the Blog Through the Gospel that Amy over at Mom's Toolbox put together I read Matthew 7. This chapter had many verses that I stopped and said "Ooo, I like that one, lets do this one."  But Alas I was drawn to Matthew 7:12.


S>
Matthew 7:12(NIV) In everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets.
O>
How Simple a  verse, but so difficult to put into action. Treat others  the way you would like them to treat you. Don't we hear this said to children all the time or heard this growing up.
A>
Sadly this is something that I need to be more diligent about doing in my life. When at work I need to ignore the Gossip that floats about, because I don't want friends or co-workers to actively participate in gossip about me. Another thing is when I am hurt I need make sure I share problems with others  without having malicious intent.
P>
Dear Father Please give me the strength to act upon this verse and remember this when things get difficult. I know with the strength that comes through you I can follow this command and become a little more like Jesus.

This chapter was really great. I would like to come back to this chapter once I am done with this 13 week journey and study each verse in depth.

Have a blessed day,

0 comments: