Ponderings

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Matthew 5 BTG

Good Morning! This Chapter was filled with so much it was a wonder that one verse (really two connected verses) stood out larger than anything else.

This mornings reading was on Matthew chapter 5 where Jesus teaches only to his disciples after people have begun to crowd around him and he finds refuge at the top of a mountain. So on with my S.O.A.P

Matthew 5:36-27
S>
And do not swear by your head, for you cannot make even one hair white or black. Simply let your Yes be Yes adn your No. No. anything beyond this comes from the evil one.
O>
When a decision is made or a statement is made hold firm in that decision. Let it stand as it is and do not waver back and forth or feel as though there is an added explanation to make an answer stronger.
A>
I feel like I need to be more steadfast in the decisions I make and that once the answer is given then It is enough to stand on its own and doesn't need a proclamation of truth on Something in Gods creation.
P>
Dear God, I pray that you would strengthen me to be sure minded and strong in the things that I tell others. Please remove this need I have to swear that I am being truthful. Please help me to build the confidence in the intelligence that you have given me and that if you  are on my side I don't have to prove it to others by searing on something in your creation.

Thank you for stopping by and having a peek at my brain.

0 comments: